Joseph Wegmann, R.Ph., LCSW is a licensed clinical pharmacist and a clinical social worker with more than thirty years of experience in the field of psychopharmacology. His diverse professional background in psychopharmacology and counseling affords him a unique perspective on medication management issues. In addition to consulting with numerous psychiatric facilities, he has presented psychopharmacology seminars to thousands of clinicians in 46 states.
Joe has also served as a Clinical Director of Pharmacy Services at a major metropolitan area hospital and as a Regional Director of Hospital Services for Premier Healthcare Corporation. He has served as Adjunct Professor of Psychopharmacology in the graduate School of Social Work at Southern University of New Orleans for 16 years and maintains an active psychotherapy practice specializing in the treatment of depression and anxiety.
Joe is the author of Psychopharmacology: Straight Talk on Mental Health Medications, published by PESI, Inc.
To view Joe’s Speaker One-Sheet in PDF format, click here.
Joe in the News
- “Magic” Pills – The Mechanics of Antipsychotic Medications, published in SZ Magazine, Spring 2011
- Necessary Precautions – Learning the dangers of drug-to-drug interactions – PDF print version
- Chattanooga Parent, Jan/Feb 2010
- Woman’s Word Magazine, December 28, 2009
- Anchor Magazine, Fall 2009
- Social Work Today magazine
- Achieve Solutions, Feb 2010
- Louisiana Clinical Social Work newsletter
- National Association of Social Workers-LA Chapter magazine
- The American Academy of Bereavement
- Psychology Today blog